Welcome to EUSARF 2021, Zurich, Switzerland
31 August – 3 September 2021
- Dear friends, partners and colleagues
After the recent developments of the Coronavirus Pandemic, it became more and more clear that holding a EuSARF conference in 2020 would hinder many from being able to join. Over decades the conferences of EuSARF have become a place where an ever growing community of researchers and experts are gathering from all around the world to exchange scientific knowledge and collaborate on key issues. For us it is paramount to continue this long tradition of coming together.
Your positive and overwhelming response to our call of papers proved that the conference location and its central topic has great potential in uniting researchers and experts across borders to scientifically advance child welfare and child protection.
We therefore decided, after carefully having evaluated different options and consulted the EuSARF Board, that the XVI EuSARF conference on «the Perspective of the Child» will be postponed and held a year later from August 31st till September 3rd, 2021, in Zurich, Switzerland.
Thank you for your understanding and patience!
Share the news that EuSARF 2020 is now EuSARF 2021 and save the date.
We are more than ever looking forward to welcoming you in Zurich!
On behalf of the Zurich conference team and EuSARF
Thomas Gabriel, Daniela Reimer, Tim Tausendfreund and Hans Grietens
- The paper review process is slightly delayed but ongoing and will be finished in May 2020. Those who submitted papers will be informed at the beginning of June 2020.
- Accepted papers from this year’s call of papers will get a reserved slot at the EuSARF 2021 conference. If the speakers accept to present at EuSARF 2021, they will get the possibility to update their abstract for the conferences program.
- A second call of papers will be made later this year, in autumn 2020.
- The registration process will be postponed until the beginning of 2021.
It is with great pleasure that the ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences will be hosting the XVI European Scientific Association on Residential & Family Care for Children and Adolescents (EUSARF) Conference in ZURICH, from 31 August – 3 September 2021.
The Organizing Committee and the EUSARF Committee Board are looking forward to an exciting conference. We welcome you to join!
Zurich, the largest city in Switzerland – located in the heart of Europe – offers an excellent setting for the EUSARF conference 2021. The city is not only known as the country’s economic and cultural hub, but also for its famous old town, the beautiful lake and the magnificent mountain view, making it also a charming and fascinating place for tourists and visitors.
understanding “The perspective of the child” in practice and research in the
area of child and youth welfare has become a core issue for advancing social
The challenges and opportunities that arise from this fundamental task are the focus of the XVI international EUSARF Conference.
The EUSARF 2021 Conference is organized in partnership with Amt für Jugend und Berufsberatung (AJB) Kanton Zürich, PACH and INTEGRAS.
Please note the following key deadlines:
- Corresponding authors who submitted a paper on the call in Winter 2019/2020 will be notified of abstract acceptance or rejection and the form of presentation by e-mail, in June 2020. The authors of accepted papers will have the possibility to withdraw the paper or make changes on the paper until the end of February 2021.
- A second call will be launched in November 2020, the submission deadline will be in February 2021.
- The start of the registration process will be in March 2021.
- Early bird registration will be open until May 18th, 2021.
- All presenting authors of accepted abstracts are required to register for the conference no later than June 20th, 2021.