Welcome to EUSARF 2021, Zurich, Switzerland
31 August – 3 September 2021
- 2020 has been a year full of extraordinary challenges and unforeseen events for all of us. Due to the pandemic and international measures to contain covid-19, it became clear that planning a major international event, even late in 2021, would need to be supported by digital alternatives.
The new conference concept combines two core elements of digital events:
1. Digital platform for the long-term presentation of scientific content
The digital platform will be accessible for a participant fee for one year from August 2021 on; subsequently, selected content will be made publicly available, in agreement with the contributors, under a Creative-Commons license. The platform is characterized by the following:
– The plenary lectures by invited scholars on the topic of “The Child’s Perspective” will be published as streamed and on-demand videos.
– Individual Papers will be published as short video presentations (on-demand screencasts of max. 15 min) and additional materials (e.g. presentations in pdf format as well as further project publications). Pre-requisite is that the conference papers were accepted in the peer review and made available in advance (before 10 July 2021).
– Additionally, videos and podcasts with renowned researchers will be made available on the platform.
– Videos, podcasts and publications co-created by and with care leavers and practitioners.
– Digital Posters
2. Three-day online conference in September 2021
In addition, a digital event closely linked to the platform and its provided content will take place from 31 August until 3 September 2021, which can be attended for a fee via a conference web application. During the three-day online conference, an interactive online program will take place daily from 13.00–20.00 (CEST). The chosen time of day allows people from different time zones around the world to participate. In this time frame we will have (parallel):
– Thematic workshops on the predefined conference topics, moderated by the conference team, possibly in cooperation with plenary speakers or other target groups.
– Invited Symposia a max. of 70–80 minutes (= two consecutive three-hour blocks with a break to be able to log into another symposia if interested). The organizers of the Invited Symposia are asked to think up a suitable format and to coordinate it with the conference team as the program manager. The goal is to create a dialogical format between the different presenters (participants may be involved, but do not have to), in which a central theme closely related to the conference topic is discussed, on the background of the content provided earlier on the digital conference platform.
– Plenary discussions with the main speakers (about 90 min) on the conference topic, research and practical needs.
All contributions to the online conference will be recorded and will be made available on the platform afterwards.
All contributing delegates and research team members will have to be registered for the conference event in order to showcase their research, videos and materials.
Depending on the pandemic development we will leave the option open until end of June 2021, to have a meeting with a very limited number of people (EuSARF Board members and keynote speakers) by invitation – here in Zurich during the digital conference from 31 August until 3 September 2021.
With the creativity and flexibility of all we are looking forward to a new and unique format for the EuSARF 2021 conference and community!
- An extended Call for paper has been published on the conference webpage (please check here)
- From 1 February – 28 February 2021, there will be a period for
a) confirming (or withdrawing) papers that have been already accepted
b) updating and/or revising papers
c) submitting new papers
At the end of January we will provide a detailed manual how to confirm, withdraw, revise and submit papers!
- As from April 2021 on conference registration will be open
- Before 10 July 2021 videos and materials for the platform must be provided. Note: only content from registered delegates will in the end be featured on the digital conference platform.
It is with great pleasure that the ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences will be hosting the XVI European Scientific Association on Residential & Family Care for Children and Adolescents (EUSARF) Conference in ZURICH, from 31 August – 3 September 2021.
The Organizing Committee and the EUSARF Committee Board are looking forward to an exciting conference. We welcome you to join!
Zurich, the largest city in Switzerland – located in the heart of Europe – offers an excellent setting for the EUSARF conference 2021. The city is not only known as the country’s economic and cultural hub, but also for its famous old town, the beautiful lake and the magnificent mountain view, making it also a charming and fascinating place for tourists and visitors.
understanding “The perspective of the child” in practice and research in the
area of child and youth welfare has become a core issue for advancing social
The challenges and opportunities that arise from this fundamental task are the focus of the XVI international EUSARF Conference.
The EUSARF 2021 Conference is organized in partnership with Amt für Jugend und Berufsberatung (AJB) Kanton Zürich, PACH and INTEGRAS.